Gyms need to generate more money without a lot of work.
To be healthy, a business needs to have more than one way to get money. Your gym or fitness studio is the same.
One surefire way to do this is to start selling nutritional supplements to your members.
In this post, we will share with you five ways that selling nutritional supplements at your gym can help your bottom line and provide an invaluable service for your members!
5 Ways Selling Supplements Can Help Your Gym Revenue
- The convenience factor. When people know they can get what they need right inside the gym, it removes any excuse for not taking care of themselves outside of work or home obligations.
- Increased retention rates. This one should be obvious but it still bears mentioning because studies show that members who purchase supplements from their club are more likely to stick around long term than those who don’t buy anything.
- Increased member satisfaction. Offering nutritional supplements can make a huge difference in the way your members feel mentally and physically. This will lead to better gym attendance which, in turn, leads to increased revenue.
- Improved gym member results. It's been proven that members who buy into fitness from a holistic standpoint have better results. Supplements, nutrition, sleep, and stress all matter just as much as their in-gym training.
- Creating a value oriented mindset. – The simple math equation to building a solid business is to have more clients who spend more money with you. Create opportunities for them to find value in more ways that just fitness classes, which will give you the ability to earn more per client.
What If I Don't Have Space/Time/Ability To Manage Products?
Of course, it goes without saying that not all gyms have the space, time, or ability to manage the sale of supplements.
The answer? Pre-Sell Supplements! Pre-ordering allows your clients to pay you in advance for products to be delivered later (usually at a discounted price)
This does 3 things for you:
- Eliminates your upfront costs. Your clients can essentially fund the purchase of the products you will be selling.
- Kills "shrinkage" / theft. People can't accidentally walk off with products if they aren't sitting around your gym for ages.
- Stops you from ordering 100 schmediums right when baggy shirts become a "thing". (stop schmedium abuse!)
You can do this if you're a PushPress client or not. Of course, we've taken the time to make this easier for PushPress.
Check out this post we wrote a while ago about selling products using the pre-order concept.
How Your Gym Management Software Can Help Sell Nutrition
In fact, here's a video that PushPress client, CrossFit Naples posted recently showing off their recent T-Shirt Pre-Sale in the PushPress Members App. Pretty slick!!!
See our help doc for more information on our Pre-Order system in PushPress Gym Management Software!
Don't Forget - Your Fitness Studio Relies On Multiple Streams of Revenue
One of the most important things for a gym or fitness studio to do is build many streams of revenue.
Nutrition supplements should be one leg of revenue your gym can stand on.
Building various sources of income into your fitness business will also help you build more sustainable businesses and help you manage unpredictable fluctuations in the market.particular area like membership sales without going bankrupt.