Don't worry, we'll make this easy!
We know this isn't the sort of thing you're used to doing for your gym, but the good thing is that you should only have to do this once! Stick with us for a few simple steps, and you'll have your first Google My Business listing successfully claimed or created!
But before we get into the step-by-step, let's make sure we understand what a Google My Business listing is and why your gym absolutely needs one.
What is a Google My Business listing?
A Google My Business (GMB) listing is a business' online profile on Google. It shows up in search results and allows you to show off your business. When someone searches for a gym in your area, they'll see your GMB listing next to the ads at the very top of the search results!
How can Google My Business help you get more clients?
GMB listings can drive a ton of traffic to your gym! They are the #1 way to quickly show up in "local searches."
You can see how impactful this can be for you, as 46% of searches made on Google are seeking local information like "What is the best gym near me?" Those are the people in your area that are searching for your gym specifically.
Will I need to spend time maintaining my GMB listing?
If you really want to get the most traffic to your listing, you'll want to spend some time getting reviews from your clients. You'll be able to respond to those reviews, connect with locals, add photos of your gym, and much more.
That's where the real magic of GMB listings is! It's a way for your clients to connect with you directly and share their love for your gym with you and the public!
How do I actually claim or create my Google My Business listing (step-by-step)?
- Sign in to Google My Business on your computer.
- Sign into your Google Account (or create one if needed). Then, click Next.Sign up with your gym's email domain. Enter the name of your gym. If you have multiple locations, you can also select them from the suggestions that display as you type.
- Enter your gym’s address. Then, click Next.
- Choose how your gym's location will display on Google Maps. Enter your gym's address. Click Next.
- Type "Gym" and select it as the Business Category. Then, click Next.
- Enter a phone number or website URL, then click Finish.
- Select a verification option. To verify now, at the top, find the red banner and click Verify now. To verify later, click Verify later and then Later.
The next step will be to complete the verification process of your business. This will be a one-time step to prove that you actually are the owner of your gym. Here's our quick guide on verification!