Local SEO for Gyms
2. GMB / Google Reviews
Having frequent and good reviews on your Google my Business profile will send strong signals to Google that you are operating a business that is well liked and satisfying customer needs in your area.
- Setup a process to continually ask your clients for Google Reviews
- Setup a process to reply to every Google Review
- Embed your Google Reviews on your Website
3. Technical Local SEO for Your Gym
Technical SEO refers to your website's ability to be found and understood by Google and other search engines. Websites that follow good Technical SEO techniques will be better understood by search engines - and as a result will likely rank better.
- Make sure your website has a sitemap submitted to Google Search Console
- Make sure your website is served securely (https)
- Improve your website speed
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly
- Find and fix all broken links
- Add structured data / schema
- Pick your homepage / main keyword target
- Ensure every page has only one H1 tag
- Add / Optimize your Google by Business listing information
- Add photos and virtual tours to your Google My Business Listing
- Setup Q&A on your Google my Business listing
- Enable Google Assistant and Direct Messaging on your Google My Business listing
- Create a content schedule for Google My Business
- Link your GMB to your Google Ads
- Create a process to consistantly generate Google Reviews.
- Respond to Google Reviews
- Create a schedule to check and update your GMB listing once a month.
4. On Page SEO for your Gym
If you want to rank your website and get more traffic, you need great content and a good on-page experience. This is true for both your blog posts and your website pages.
With so much competition on the Internet, blogs have to do their best to be higher ranked for important search terms.
- Make Your meta title and description Tags Local SEO friendly
- Have one local SEO friendly H1 per page
- Make sure your name, address, phone and key business information are on every page.
- Ensure all images have an alt tag
- Amplify visibility with internal linking
- Avoid keyword cannibalization
- Use keywords in your page content
- Find a fix any orphaned pages
- Keep your content up to date
5. Off-Page SEO for your Gym
One of the most important SEO factors after you've worked on optimizing your website is off site SEO. This builds your site authority as you begin to get websites and people outside of your own talking about you and linking to you
- Audit website or business mentions to turn them into links
- Work with local companies to build new links
- Post Google My Business blog posts with links to your website.
- Get listed in Local NAP (Name Address Phone) Directories