One of the greatest things about gym ownership is creating a business that’s uniquely yours. From the equipment to the culture, it’s rare to find two gyms that mirror each other. But despite all the differences, starting and growing your gym successfully requires a key, shared component: People.
It’s taking every ounce of strength for us to skip the teamwork quotes here. Because teamwork does make the dream work. Sorry. We help people through software and cheesy quotes. It’s a whole thing.
This month’s PushPress Playbook is all about building your team. From opening your doors to celebrating many years in business, we’ll give you some dos and don’ts, and proven tips and tricks.
Ultimately, you need to have the right people on the bus for this journey you’re on. And it’s important to put the people in the right seats. This will mean analyzing goals, needs, skillsets and so much more. We’re diving into all of it this month!
Pro Tip: Be sure to bookmark the PushPress Blog page so you can get new, helpful info daily!
Here’s what you can expect:
Four Ways To Scale Your Gym Team Effectively:
1. Build A Strong Foundation.
Here are the topics for growing your gym that we’ll cover in the first section of the playbook:
- From Coach To CEO: We’ll explain why building a team is important when you’re starting a gym, and how it can advance a gym owner to CEO faster.
- Key Hires: Who do you need on your team when you start? We’ll help you examine which hires are most important and how to prioritize roles.
- Hiring Guide: We’ll show you how to find the best candidates and how to conduct an interview to get the right people on your team. We’ll also be discussing the importance of matching candidates to your mission and vision.
2. Be Supportive And Encouraging.
Here are the topics for growing your gym that we’ll cover in the second section of the playbook:
- Team Meetings: How to run successful team meetings that keep your team aligned, productive and focused on the goals.
- Continued Education: Why you should encourage your team to pursue continued education and how it benefits your business.
- Building Relationships: How building personal relationships and bonding with your team are beneficial to you, your gym and your members.
- Encouraging Success: When you learn what motivates your team, you can help them achieve goals, from finances to achievements. Then you create an environment where they’ll want to stay and grow.
3. Prepare For The Future.
Here are the topics we’ll cover in the third section of the playbook:
- Hiring A General Manager: Which responsibilities make the most sense for your GM to be tasked with? Plus, how to find the right candidates and train them properly.
- Being Proactive Versus Reactive: How to create plans, checklists and more for growing your gym and dealing with unexpected issues (staffing, procedures, etc.)
- Hiring A Mentor: Coaches need coaches too! Learn the importance and benefits of hiring a mentor, and how it can take your business to the next level.
4. See It In Action.
Finally, you’ll get to see some PushPress clients who are putting action behind these concepts.
First, you’ll see how one PushPress gym owner was able to hire a full-time, well-payed, long-term staff member. Get the details on how they did it, along with the blueprint for taking this step it in your gym.
Second, you’ll hear about how another PushPress gym is running a highly-successful education program out of her gym.
Finally, our partner features will show you real-life examples of the Coach-To-CEO scenario and how to train your staff to run revenue-generating programs.
Pro Tip: Want to chat with other gym owners who understand the struggle and celebrate the wins? Join the daily conversation with other gym owners on the PushPress Community Facebook page!
In Summary: Growing Your Gym Is A Team Sport
Chances are, you didn’t get into gym ownership because you’re a loner. The people you choose to hire on your team will have an incredible impact on growing your gym. Your leadership will give them the direction, which will ripple out through your team and into your community.
This month, we’ll show you how to build a strong foundation, be supportive and encouraging, and create a plan for the future. Remember to bookmark the PushPress Blog for all of this month’s helpful content!