It's a gym manager's worst nightmare: gym management software downtime. If your gym management software has extended downtime, it will cost your gym money, leads, and members.
Not only that, but your staff relies on their system being up and available to do their jobs effectively - meaning every time there's an outage they are spending time trying to figure out what needs to be done rather than actually getting anything done!
"We don't crash. EVER."
My Gym Management Software IS DOWN Again!
If you find yourself saying this phrase over and over again through the years - this blog post is for you.
It's pretty clear why this is a problem: It stops you from being able to do work on your gym, take payments from members, or get your staff helping in your day to day gym operations.
What isn't so clear is why this is a long term risk to your business.
Gym Management Software Downtime is NOT OK
Before we get into what gym software downtime will cost you as a gym - we'd like to talk about the simple fact that gym software downtime is NOT OK.
I think we see so many software solutions in the gym management space that have expended downtimes, crashes or outages - that gym owners might think this is par for the course.
Let me say this again: Gym Management Software downtime is not ok.
You pay your software company so you can have access to use the software when you need to. If your software has less than 99.5% uptime in a month (3.65 hours of downtime) - you should demand better from your gym software provider.
Why Would Gym Management Software Go Down?
Just like a person continually getting sick would be symptomatic of that person having a taxed or compromised immune system - if you see software continually having downtime, they likely have an overstressed or compromised foundation.
Downtime Is Often Symptomatic Of Bigger Underlying Problems
If gym management software crashes, it is usually because of:
- Memory leaks
- Faulty programming which drain server processors
- Bad database queries which cause overload on servers
- Misaligned development teams who are making changes that cause issues/bugs in other areas of code.
- A poor or non-existent QA process which can catch bugs before they appear.
There's a list of more reasons why gym management software might go down - but you get the point.
What Are The Real Costs of Gym Management Software Downtime?
Downtime puts a ton of stress on your gym business - and its costs are real.
- Money. Every time someone pays for a gym membership and the system is down, you're losing out on potential revenue! And if they paid in advance, it's even worse because that cash isn't coming back to you - instead it goes right into their pocket.
- Leads. If gym members are trying to contact your gym, but the gym management software is down or they can't reach you because of an outage? They're going elsewhere! That's a lead that will never come back and potentially another one lost in some other gym.
- Clients. How many new customers would join if there was no gym management software downtime? How many old ones would stay if your gym was up and running all the time?
Stop Being OK With Gym Management Software Downtime
Gym management software downtime is never ok.
Gym owners should demand better from their gym software providers and if they see gym management software crashing, begin to demand better from their provider.
When we say gym management software downtime is not okay, we mean it. We’ve poured, and keep pouring, tons of energy and resources to protect our platform and prevent downtime. We know the cost of a system going down for the gym manager and staff, and we won’t allow it.
We’re committed to maintaining a stable system. At the time of this writing, we have a 99.99% uptime.
If you are using another gym management software and have run into constant or extended downtime, we want to talk to to you. I wont put a link to a sign up page here, I’ll just put my email up. Email me at James@PushPress.com and let’s find a better solution for you.