In a previous post we explained why other companies might be lured into buliding “apps” or “kiosks” using a computer and a keyboard/mouse. We spelled out why this is not the best solution for you.
In this post we’re going to explain our stance on it, and why we are doing what we’re doing.
At PushPress we believe beautiful the following when it comes to self-service kiosks:
- Kiosks are great (if they are built intelligently) - they allow your customers to self-service themselves freeing up your resources.
- Native apps should be built for all touch points in the gym where customers are “self-servicing”.
- Each kiosk should be single, clearly defined purpose.
- Kiosks should NOT allow end users to flip between apps or otherwise change purpose.
- Kiosks should be responsive and fast, but must be built to support the cheapest of devices.